iPhone iOS 7.1 software update that's draining batteries, erasing their contacts, and flipping their keyboards

iPhone users are disappointed with the iOS 7.1 software update that's draining their batteries, erasing their contacts, and flipping their keyboards
The iOS 7.1 is already on 21 per cent of all iPhones and iPads making it one of the fastest changeovers to a new operating system in recent history
Customers say it's killing their batteries among other glitches
By ALEXANDRA KLAUSNER
PUBLISHED: 11:39 EST, 15 March 2014 | UPDATED: 12:37 EST, 15 March 2014

With every new I-phone software update comes the potential for problems and the iOS 7.1 released on Monday is no exception. 

Customer's say it's killing their phone batteries among other pesky glitches.

The iOS7.1 is the first major update to Apple's newest operating systems for iPhones and iPads and the apple community is lamenting poor battery charges, disappearing contacts, bad Bluetooth connections, keyboards oriented the wrong way, and the list goes on, reports the Huffington Post.

No matter how advanced and slick iPhones and other gadgets get, their battery life stays reliably terrible. Now it seems major phone makers are finally doing something about that -- though they're still way behind the curve.

According to zdnet.com, the iOS 7.1 is already on 21 per cent of all iPhones and iPads making it one of the fastest changeovers to a new operating system in recent history.

Despite rigorous internal testing and five beta versions offered to Apple developers, the battery seems to drop much faster than it did on the iOS7.

A twitter page dedicated to problems with the iOS7.1 has a collection of comments on the faults with the new update.

'iPhone has been unplugged 30 mins and already down to 92% battery' tweeted @Robbie Kimpton.

'I think I'd have to get that juice pack that gives me double battery life,' tweeted Timothy Tung Nguyen.

Users also took to Apple's discussion forum to voice their issues with the supposedly newer and better program.

I've had my phone for 3 months, never have dropped it once or anything of the sort, if that matters. My battery drains to 50% within an hour or so after intense use on the lowest level of brightness, and I seem to lose about 5-7 percents when on standby for 5 hours or so,' said rainxwater.

'My iphone 5s battery also drains fast after ios 7.1 update. Before the update I get 24hrs moderate to heavy use. But now I only get 12 hours'.

My iPhone 5S has been draining like crazy since the iOS 7.1 Update. This morning I woke up at 8:30, my phone was at 100%. It's now 10:40 and my phone is at 85%,' said Mattyboy.

Customers now wait to see if Apple  will take charge over the system's battery problems.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Report: World’s 1st remote brain surgery via 5G network performed in China

Visualizing The Power Of The World's Supercomputers

BMW traps alleged thief by remotely locking him in car