Waitress fired for Facebook rant

Waitress fired for Facebook rant

Posted: Jul 03, 2014 11:32 AM PDT Updated: Jul 04, 2014 4:16 AM PDT

An Ohio waitress says she was fired because of a rant she posted on Facebook.

Kristen Kelly was upset that customers at Texas Roadhouse were giving her bad tips, so she decided to post her frustrations on Facebook.

It turns out that one of Kelly’s former classmates, Cayla Fortman, a career navigator at Job Solutions, is friends with Kelly on Facebook and one of those customers who left a bad tip. Fortman printed out a screen shot of the post and showed it to Kelly’s manager.

“They told me that I knew what I was doing when I posted that,” said Kelly. “They would have to let me go because a customer came in and they were really upset.”

Kelly said she was mad when she made the Facebook post because several people weren’t tipping her properly. “It was a Friday night, and I made 60 dollars. More than one time, people spent 50 dollars or more and they tipped five or six. That’s not okay!”

But there is no law that says how much tip is required. Fortman had some career advice for Kelly, telling her to realize who Kelly is accepting online. “Obviously, if you only have your privacy setting as ‘friends only,’ they will only be able to see your profile picture,” said Fortman. “It’s best to assume that everyone can see it, because nothing can ever really be taken off the internet.”

Kelly says she was surprised Texas Roadhouse fired her and is worried about how she will support herself and her son with no income.

“I mean, I knew that they could have yelled at me for that,” said Kelly. “I didn’t think they could fire me for posting that.”




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Report: World’s 1st remote brain surgery via 5G network performed in China

Visualizing The Power Of The World's Supercomputers

BMW traps alleged thief by remotely locking him in car